Saturday 2 June 2012

Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture #2 in Silicone has Arrived!

Yesterday, I finally got around to casting my bust of a young woman which is part of a series called (for the time being) "Hyper Realistic Reconstructed Sculpture". Actually, this the fourth cast in silicone for this group of works.
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
Image copyright  Art  Di Lella
This series of sculptures are based on clay reconstructions made over real human skulls. After the modelling is completed the models are then moulded and afterwards cast in silicone.The silicone has been coloured with pigment and flocking just like the others in this series although I've been adding more flocking to this particular cast because I want a little more variation in the base skin colour for this individual. The sculpture shown is unpainted and will need some repair to a few small casting blemishes before the painting can start. 

I will be publishing images of all stages for this sculpture with descriptions so stay tuned.
Have a great weekend. I'll back early next week. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment